22 yds of mulch

Discussion in 'Landscape Maintenance' started by clncut, Dec 11, 2007.

1. clncut

clncut LawnSite Member

Im bidding on a HOA next year and Im figuring 11 hours to lay 22 yards of mulch. The mulch will be going around 115 trees spread throughout the subdivision. I will be using myself and one other guy. Does this time estimate seem correct?. By the way trees are right off the road so all I will have to do is drive next to trees and spread. Im estimating 14 yards of mulch for trees with a average of 5' diameter at 2" depth. The other 8 yards is for misc. flower beds.

J

2. kjslawn

kjslawn LawnSite Senior Member

I think it could be done in 11 or less if you have a good helper. Just to be nozzzzzzeee
    What is your per yard bid. I do $55 per yard and make pretty good money at it I get my mulch for 15 a yard plus tax

3. WALKER LANDSCAPE

WALKER LANDSCAPE LawnSite Bronze Member

Are you going to be edging around the trees and flower beds? Do you have to weed out anyting. We charge $100.00 a yard depending on the type of mulch it is. Dyed mulch is more.

4. schunklawn

schunklawn LawnSite Member

I would say no less than 1,500 for that job...i would charge 1,650 for 22 yards of mulch...just my .02

No Bunk Lawn Care

5. Dodge Truck

Dodge Truck LawnSite Member
    from Mass

We would charge 2000 for that job because you say you need to keep moving which is a real PITA and even then 11 hours for 22yds holy crap you work slow

6. clncut

clncut LawnSite Member

I will be paying 25 dollars per yard and charge 60 per yard installed. Ive been reading on here on what is the best way for billing. Just do the 60 per yard no matter how many helpers? Or figure out the pmh an figure out how long the job will take? Any suggestions.

No edging, if so I would be charging .50 per ft. I will be weeding out the beds. I have yet to figure out the hrs needed for this. I am guessing at the moment approx 5 min. per tree. HOA pres. is tightwad!

Im estimating 1370.00 for mat. and install.

J

7. kjslawn

kjslawn LawnSite Senior Member

You can get mulch cheaper If you buy it by the truck load (semi) this would help with cost.

8. clncut

clncut LawnSite Member

Ill have to look into that. Just for shitz and giggles, anyone care to toss out how long they think weeding (no chemicals) will take. I will again be using myself and one helper so keep that in mind. Im estimating around 5 hrs. Some beds are full of weeds and some have not much at all.

J

9. clncut

clncut LawnSite Member

Wait, I had to refigure this and now Im estimating about 9 hrs to weed this job with 2 guys

J

10. clncut

clncut LawnSite Member

I must be getting tired. 5.5 hrs for cleanup and thats my final answer......I think.

j