23 HP Exmark? Anyone own one?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by pea, Jun 25, 2004.

1. pea

pea LawnSite Member

I'm considering an Exmark ZTR with 60"deck. It has a 23 HP Kohler. It seems to really be nice. Does anyone on here have this model??

pea

2. Itsgottobegreen

Itsgottobegreen LawnSite Silver Member

No but one of my neighbors do. He bought it off a LCO that said it was under powered. He doesn't really care since he cuts his grass every 4 days. I have heard a lot of people say that its under powered.

3. bieger

bieger LawnSite Member

I have a 23 hp Exmark hp 52" and it works good. If I get in the thick stuff it slows slightly. I think you would be ok as long as u are not cutting heavy grass.

4. Kelly's Landscaping

Kelly's Landscaping LawnSite Platinum Member

Id worry about the power too. I do have a 20 hp exmark lazer but I only have a 44 inch deck on that little guy.

5. Jusmowin

Jusmowin LawnSite Senior Member

I also have a 23/52 lazer hp and it does a really nice job, and has plenty of power. If I was going to a 60 deck I would step up to a 25 or 27 kohler.

6. J&R

J&R LawnSite Senior Member

I have a 5 year old Lazer Z 23hp kaw 60'' deck It run strong and never had a problem cutting.

7. lowmiler

lowmiler LawnSite Member

I have a 23hp lazer 60in. No problem with the power. Cuts as good as the other mowers we have.

8. I have one also. It's the oldest one we have. It has 2700 hours on it and we still use it. It cuts and runs good. I forgot to say but it is a 60" ztr and the only one that is carburated.

9. Potchkins

Potchkins LawnSite Senior Member

yes i have one 03' 23/60
    my only gripe is it's way underpowered

with a 60" cut please step up to any of the 27 horse units
    kohler
    kawasaki
    last but not least
    briggs/daihatsu diesel

10. MikeLT1Z28

MikeLT1Z28 LawnSite Bronze Member

the 23 kawi is going to be stronger than the 23 kohler, kawi makes more torque. i demoed a 60" with the kohler 25 and i swear my 23 kawi on my 52" is stronger.