1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

23 hp Kohler Commander

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by lakesidecutter, Oct 7, 2007.

1. lakesidecutter

lakesidecutter LawnSite Member

Help Needed!

I have a Kohler Comander 23 that is leaking oil either around the oil filter or just behind it. What is behind the filter that would cause a leak? Gasket? I had the oil changed and noticed some oil on the deck after untrailering it. I checked the oil and it seemed ok. Ran the unit for about 20 min and checked it again still ok but still some oil on the deck. I left the unit for a couple of hours and returned to find oil all over the floor. The stick now reads about half. I have not started it since and plan to return to the shop. Any ideas?

2. Bill Kapaun

Bill Kapaun LawnSite Senior Member

3. DodgeDually

DodgeDually LawnSite Member

I bet when they changed the oil filter they didn't remove the old oil filter gasket. Slapped the new filter on w/ the gasket already on it. Pull the oil filter to see if there is 2 gaskets on there.

4. Breezmeister

Breezmeister LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from South Jersey

Just what I was thinking, some one in a hurry or not thinking about what they where doing......:hammerhead: