1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

23 Kaw Problems

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by Cutter1, Sep 2, 2003.

1. Cutter1

Cutter1 LawnSite Bronze Member

Mower hits 1800+ hours and it falls apart!!!! First the engine blew, changed that. Next, new power to the hydro pumps a little too much for them, replaced both of those!!! Whats next?? Basically for $3200 I have a new mower.
  2. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

Cutter 1,

Wow! I can see that out of an engine, especially if is of the pre-canister air filter design. 1800 hours out of hydro components is unusual however. Was this an HP or a 23 hp liquid cooled? Also give me a call at 800-667-5296 I'd like to talk to you about the pumps.

3. Doc Pete

Doc Pete LawnSite Gold Member

On the other hand Terry, 1800 hours at a conservative $40/hour is $72,000...... In other words, regardless of the possibility of problems with the mower, I wouldn't be upset with a $72,000 profit from a $3,200 outlay......
    Pete..... Good machine IMO............
  4. J&R

J&R LawnSite Senior Member

If the engine on you mower blew and had The A code you might need to call Kaw. those engine had a short dip stick and run with low oil.