1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

23 Kawi fuel issues help please

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by shovelracer, Mar 12, 2008.

1. shovelracer

shovelracer LawnSite Silver Member

OK my 2004 52" lazer hp w/ 23 kawi started having fuel issues all of a sudden. Heres the symptoms. When it sits it is hard to start. You have to give it at least half throttle for a few cranks then 1/4 throttle. When it starts it blows a little white smoke. My understanding of fuel leakdown or excessive fuel in the chambers. Also the fuel filter has a hard time staying full. I have replaced it twice, but that wasnt the problem. It manages to pull enough fuel through to run, but wont fill up like it used to. Lines to fuel pump are all clear no blockage. It looks to me like the fuel pump is bad, but was looking for some pointers or tests to run before I sink money into this machine with 1300hrs on it. Thanks
  2. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

I would urge you to speak w/ you local dealer about what the possible causes could be. If you need an immediate response, please contact our customer service representatives.

Also, I've forwarded your issues to the CS department. Lenny should be able to respond soon.