23 kohler

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by DaughtryLC, Nov 2, 2007.

1. DaughtryLC

DaughtryLC LawnSite Senior Member

I have a cv23s, it has the old style filter. The filter # I have is 23-083-02 but the filter cover will not sit all the way down. Like the filter is to wide??? I would say 1/4". Im sure I have the wrong one does someone have the # I need?

2. haybaler

haybaler LawnSite Senior Member
    from ma

there's two different size filters. is there a rubber stop at the bottom of the rod that goes up through the filter? if there is just take that out and it should fit just right, or bring the one u have to the parts store and ask for the shorter one.

3. DaughtryLC

There is no stopper, I must have the wrong filter?

4. Restrorob

Restrorob LawnSite Fanatic

There is no such number as the one you posted, Best way to do this is look it up yourself here; http://www.kohlerengines.com/index.jsp

Just click on parts look-up, If you have a problem/can't find it just post the spec. number off the engine.

5. DaughtryLC

Sorry 24-083-02

6. DaughtryLC

F# wkhxs.6742gb
    cv23s
    S# 3016204171

7. haybaler

haybaler LawnSite Senior Member
    from ma

you can't always go buy the engine model number because sometimes they modify the filter set up for certain mower manufactorors. best bet is to bring the original filter into a kohler dealer and visualy match it up. I have the kohler 23hp on a kubota and the kubota dealer had trouble finding a part no. but there are only two different filters I've ever seen for those engines, so maybe you have a rare one.