1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

23hp Kohler vs. 25hp Kohler

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Likestomow, Feb 19, 2000.

1. Keith

Keith LawnSite Gold Member

They have a 52" on a standard frame too, right?

2. Lazer

Lazer LawnSite Bronze Member

Yeah, I guess they do, but I would buy the &quot;HP&quot; if I wanted that deck size. Cheaper, smaller & lighter. 17hp Kaw will drive that machine & mower just fine.<br>IMO.

3. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

Lazer, does this mean we will have to call you El Toro instead of Lazer? :)<p>----------<br>&lt;a href=&quot;http://www.townserver.com/elm/&quot;&gt;Eric@ELM&lt;/a&gt;<br>

4. Lazer

Lazer LawnSite Bronze Member

Eric,<br>I dunno, I feel I've got my tail between my legs. Those Toro's are so doggone cheap! I'm teaming with some of my buddies to buy a dozen of them and get an unbelievable price. We're talking almost $3,000.00 difference. I'm loyal, but at some point, I've got to be a businessman.<p>Besides the back of the machine is an Exmark anyway, and Exmark did toy with the Toro deck, installed anti-scalp rollers where needed and increased blade tip speed.<p>BTW: Your site keeps getting better and better. Really looks impressive.<br>