24 acers! and young and inexperienced!

Discussion in 'Sports Field Management' started by Lawns By Randy, May 22, 2006.

1. Lawns By Randy

Lawns By Randy LawnSite Member

I have just received a 24 acer complex a power plant in the tulsa area it is mostly flat and level with open ground... it takes a 24 hour period about 9 hours a day straight. how much would you say was a fair price.... weedeating is also included... just wondering thanks!

2. MMLawn

MMLawn LawnSite Gold Member

24 hours to cut it, 3 days at 9 hours a day??!! We do a 24 acre campus complex in 6 hours, every single monday. As a matter of fact I just posted a couple of pics of it last night in the pics section. If it takes you 24 then either you don't have the proper equipment or manpower or both. If you are solo unless you have a WAM this project is over your head.

Also if you bid it anyway, you can't bid (well you can but you won't get it because you'll be too high) based on wat you said above (24 hours/3 days). You'll have to bid it as if you had the proper setup to do it as the other companies will surely have which means probably no more than 8 hours on the property.

3. fulano

fulano LawnSite Senior Member

Sounds like he already has the property and wants to check to see if he bid enough. "I have just received a 24 acer complex "

4. Lawns By Randy

Lawns By Randy LawnSite Member

I have already received the contract what would say was fair since you have already dealt in this thanks

5. MMLawn

MMLawn LawnSite Gold Member

I don't give my exact prices out on open forums, but I can tell you that if you are solo, and since you don't already have the proper equipment (I see where you posted another thread wanting a mower) and if you are spending 3 days there, if you don't get $1500-$2000 per cut you will lose your azz. I could as well as other big and better equipped companies do it for less of course and would, but I don't see where you can. If you bid less than $1500 a cut which is still only $500 a day or only $55 an hour which is he least you should strive for, tell them you changed your mind so you don't go bankrupt.

6. ALarsh

ALarsh LawnSite Silver Member
    from Midwest

Well... what did you get the contract for?

7. Albemarle Lawn

Albemarle Lawn LawnSite Bronze Member

Depends on how many hours trimming.

Lets assume 6 hours trimming.

6 hours WAM = $900
    6 hours trimming = $240

Total price: $1140. Work done with 2 people in 1 day, with a nice long lunch.

In 8 hours I can unload, work, take lunch, work more, and be loaded and gone.

8. PurpHaze

PurpHaze LawnSite Fanatic

Most people wait until the work day is done to get loaded. <JK>:laugh:

Seriously... Our guys on the mowers mow an average of four school sites a day. Course they're using LARGE mowers. :)

9. carcrz

carcrz LawnSite Silver Member

I don't know what equipment you're using but I have mowed 25 acres & trimmed trees, fence line, pond, and around the house in a day. I started at six am up by the road & finished w/ the pond in the dark, but it can be done. I was using a 61" Ferris.

10. MountainMow

MountainMow LawnSite Member

Acers are maples:laugh:

Seriously though, maybe you could use this an opportunity to invest in some new equipment......It would probably be a god gig if you had the right the gear.