24' Enclosed Trailer

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by Ocean Side, Apr 1, 2008.

1. Ocean Side

Ocean Side LawnSite Member

What are some thoughts on a 24' enclosed trailer. Who like and dislikes the size. Does it help or hinder? Thanks

2. Lynden-Jeff

Lynden-Jeff LawnSite Bronze Member

I just bought a 8 by 20. I think its the biggest id ever go for a residential/commercial op. Maybe bigger if I did all large commercial with WAM's and such.

Cheers

3. mowerbrad

mowerbrad LawnSite Fanatic

24' is a pretty good sized trailer. If you are doing residential and commercial I think it is a little big. In many of the areas that I mow in I wouldn't go over 20' for a trailer. Other areas in my area would only allow about a 12' trailer to fit without blocking driveways. If you are mowing in areas that would allow the 24' to fit then you should be okay. As for me I think that that size of a trailer is just too large and not manuverable enough, especially if you get in some tight spots.

4. Idealtim

Idealtim LawnSite Senior Member

With 24' you could probly fit 3 60'' z's and a few walkbehinds and still have room for equipment + wall space. If I was to buy a new enclosed I would get the extended tongue, too.

5. 02DURAMAX

02DURAMAX LawnSite Gold Member

I just bought a 8.5'X18' but do mostly Residentials..And the extended tongue.

6. kreft

kreft LawnSite Bronze Member

Yea my dad got a 24' haulmark and we can fit 2 ztr's + ultravacs, and 1 wb and still have room for a push mower and a gangbox up from. in addition to all the racks.and we added a extra foot to the tounge, so the sides wont hit the dump.