24 Honda motor

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Jusmowin, Oct 2, 2003.

1. Jusmowin

Jusmowin LawnSite Senior Member

I am looking to buy or Lease a Hustler mini Z in the spring and The one I was looking at has the 24 Honda on it . So Im looking for for people who have working experience with the motor to tell me what they think of it and if its worth trying. I have kawi motors on other mowers and have had good luck with them, but Im not affraid to try something new. BTW, The dealer wants $500 extra for a mini z with a 23 Kawi on it.

Thanks for any help

2. bayfish

bayfish LawnSite Senior Member

I have a Huster Z 60" with the 24hp Honda. Had it about 1 month. Put 110 hours on it with zero problems. Also equipted with bac-vac and everthing performs well.

3. Jusmowin

Thanks bayfish for your reply, Im looking at a super mini Z with a 52 deck.

4. Eddie in NC

Eddie in NC LawnSite Member

Jusmowin and Bayfish,

I am purchasing my first mower and leaning towards the Hustler Z 24 hp Honda and 60 in deck. Dealer gave me price of around $7500. Is this a good price? If you don't mind giving details what did you guys pay? Thanks for your help.

Eddie in NC

5. grassdaddy

grassdaddy LawnSite Senior Member

Earlier this year I priced a 25/60 super z for 7700.IMO thats more than 200.00 worth of difference.

6. Jusmowin

Ive heard that there is not much info on these motors & mowers around my area as Hustler is new to us and the 24 honda is mostly used on the larger generators, although Im still interested in this motor so if anyone has info on this motor PLEASE lets here it

7. bayfish

bayfish LawnSite Senior Member

The Hustler Z listed for $9400, I got it for $7200 with dealer incentives. That put it at $200.00 over the comparable Toro and I feel it's a better mower. I grabbed it. My observations of the two side by side is that the Hustler is built heavier and I always liked Honda motors. Very pleased with it so far.

8. Evan528

Evan528 LawnSite Silver Member

I have an 02 Dixie chopper with the Honda 24HP engine. Close to 500 hours and im very pleased with the motor so far.:)

9. Jusmowin

Thanks everyone for the input as im looking to buy or lease around Feb 04 time frame.

10. Wasuellc

Wasuellc LawnSite Member
    from NJ

I have a Scag Cub, 52" deck, with the 24 hp honda. No problems.