1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

24 hp yanmar diesel

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by Little A's, Jun 30, 2013.

1. Little A's

Little A's LawnSite Member

Hi everyone, I am looking at a 24 hp yanmar diesel on a Snapper and would love it if someone could tell me what the fuel consumption per hour is. I am looking at it primarily for the fuel economy...any feedback will be much appreciated.

2. Bashby

Bashby LawnSite Senior Member

I have a John Deere 855 compact tracto with a Yanmar about that size. I've always been impressed with how little fuel it uses. I cant give any real numbers, I dont use it enough to figure out gallons per hour. If I had to guess I'd say .5-.75 gallons per hour at WOT. I think any small diesel is going to do well if it is running right.
  3. LandFakers

LandFakers LawnSite Fanatic
    from CT

JD tractor that my brother uses on his farm used .75 gallons an hour while running at WOT chipping brush with a 23? Yanmar. Not sure of the HP but its close to that and is yanmar. My 18 kubota uses .55 an hour for a comparison
  4. Little A's

Little A's LawnSite Member

Thanks for the feedback...apparently the Snapper rep says you can expect about 1 gph.

Thanks again