1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

24 x 8 Enclosed Trailer New

Discussion in 'Marketplace' started by DFLS, Dec 26, 2007.

1. DFLS

DFLS LawnSite Senior Member

24x8 American Hauler Enclosed trailer color sterling silver. Unused, just pulled home from dealer. Custom built with tandem 5,000# torsion axles, 12" OC floor joists, 3/4 plywood floor and kick panel, white interior walls, ceiling vent, (2) salem vents, 12" V-nose, heavy duty rear ramp door with steel wedge, aluminum wheels, power tongue jack, LED lighting, (2) interior lights, extended tongue, adjustable height ball coupler, 36" side door, rollers at rear edges underneath rear door. More pictures soon. $8,000. Located in CT. Contact me by PM or phone 860-416-6867

2. 02DURAMAX

02DURAMAX LawnSite Gold Member

Why did you buy it then??
  3. DFLS

It is a little bigger than I planed on and I think that an 8x18 or 8x20 would be much better for me. The extra room for spring cleanups would be nice to fit an extra machine with a sweeper but the rest of the season the extra length and gvwr will possibly sometimes be a pita. Having second thoughts about the DOT checks also - an 8x20 with 3500 or 4000 lb axles would keep me below 18000 total. It isn't registered yet I used dealer plates to get it home 10 miles.
  4. DFLS

O.K. take off the dealer and delivery fees the price is now $7000.00.
  5. TGK

TGK LawnSite Member

My friend, you are going to take a beating on selling this thing. Wouldnt you be better off using it a few seasons, then trying to sell it?
  6. DFLS

Beating now to sell it or every time I pass by a DOT inspection and every year with the annual full inspections that will cost me a couple hundred each time. The GVWR on the title keeps me below 18000 with the truck but if the DOT goes by axle rating or tire rating then I am over 18000 - subject to commercial regulations and need a CDL.
  7. DFLS

bumpity bump bump...
  8. richard1103

richard1103 LawnSite Member

if you check with dealer you might get it down rated to 9950. but here you can not do it after it has been titled. they might get you a sticker that states 9950 and a new bill orgin that says 9950 it is done all the time
  9. lifetree

lifetree LawnSite Fanatic

It seems like you were aware of all of these things before you bought it ... so I would say if he takes a beating on selling it now, then that is simply what he has chosen to do ... in other words, his change of mind at this juncture means he deserves to take a beating on it !!
  10. DFLS

Title says 9150 - keeps total gvwr under 18000. Tires add up to over 10,000. Axles "rated" at 5000 each. It depends on which method the inspector uses at the inspection.