247 lot Trailer park estimate

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by rowdyz92, Sep 28, 2013.

1. rowdyz92

rowdyz92 LawnSite Member

So I need some help with an estimate. This would be my first big commercial job. I already have a price thought up for the common areas, but its the 247 active lots that i need help with. They are just average sized singe wide trailer lots, I imagine someone would charge 15-20$ to do a single lot. However this is a bid for doing all 247 on a weekly basis. I would be using one 52 zero turn one 60 zero turn and also have two others weed eating for a total of 4 people on the job hopefully would take no more than 10 hours in a single day. This job would include mowing, weed eating around trailers sidewalks driveways, and blowing, I have had someone else suggest $12 per trailer but you do the math that would be almost $3000 per week, I just cant imagine that the trailer park owner would pay that amount, but again I have no experience quoting big commercial jobs, so what do you all think what should I charge per lot for this job?

2. zturncutter

zturncutter LawnSite Bronze Member

What you need in dollars per man hr x 40 divided by 247. Example 60.00 x 40 = 2400.00 divided by 247 = $9.72 per trailer lot per mow. If your hour estimate is correct you will gross $60.00 per man Hr.

3. Getmow

Getmow LawnSite Senior Member
    from VA

There are so many variables to the scope of work: fences, cleanliness of the lots, vinyl skirting, pets... it goes on and on. As long as you don't have to deal with 247 different clients, but my guess is that a portion of them will have their own "requests" / complaints.

Unless the owner wants a per lot figure do the math just like any other job, manhours times your rate.