24hp B&S on tiger cub

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by justartnout, Oct 23, 2006.

1. justartnout

justartnout LawnSite Member

Just a heads up to those of you that may have bought one of the 06' models.I bought mine back in March and have put about 120 hrs on it. about 3 weeks ago it started burnin oil (about 1/2 a qt an hour). I called the dealer and he said bring it in as this was a common problem with the 24hp. Said they were replacing it with another B&S with an enhanced breather system.
    That was my only concern before purchasing this particular model. We had a dry summer here and I couldent keep a clean filter on it.. He said the new style filter would take care of it..I hope so!!!
    When I got there there was 3 B&S boxes with old engines in them that they had recently replaced.
    Hope this helps someone..If it hasent happened yet it prolly will...
  2. Novaowner

Novaowner LawnSite Member

Thanks for posting this info, if I owned one of these mower engines, I'd be glad to know this!
  3. pcarlson1911

pcarlson1911 LawnSite Member

I just turned twelve hours Saturday. Yesterday she wouldn't start. I could see that there was no fuel running through the filter, so we will see....... I can't stand leaving an account half finished. I will have to repeat 1/2 of the work I did yesterday again today. There goes the profit on that account this week.
  4. HenryB

HenryB LawnSite Bronze Member

The Vanguards are good; but the other Briggs motors are garbage. I don't get it after all these years making engines, just copy the japanese.