24hp Honda Dixie Chopper

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Five Star Lawn Care LLC, Feb 28, 2001.

1. Five Star Lawn Care LLC

Five Star Lawn Care LLC LawnSite Bronze Member

I just got the chance today to jump on board Dixies new mower with a 24 Honda. Let me tell you the thing is a monster...they call it the "Big Wheel". It was a little bit louder than the 25 kohler thats b/c they put a differant muffler on it that allows then to add 1hp, which jumps the honda up to 25hp....as soon as i stepped off it i told the rep. to put me on the list for one. This is truely a gras cutting machine.

2. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

I was also impressed with that machine. The tires on that are the same size as on my diesel, 25 by 12. I hear the list is getting long on that model. Did they give you a date on delivery? They better be running an assembly line just of that model, I think it is a hit. ;)

3. Five Star Lawn Care LLC

Five Star Lawn Care LLC LawnSite Bronze Member

my dealer is getting like 6 i think and they should be there in 2-4 weeks. Im the second one on the list so im golden :)....if anyone is thinking about buying a new dixie this year then u have to check out this model, its very impressive

4. John DiMartino

John DiMartino LawnSite Silver Member

Arrrggg.I knew I should've waited a year,finally they have a real engine for the top of line models.

5. HOMER

HOMER LawnSite Gold Member

Those big tires sure do help getting up on curbs. I talked to my dealer about trading my 50" in on a 60 but he said he soesn't know much about trading.............go figure.

6. jason2

jason2 LawnSite Member

I've been thinking about buying the 24hp Honda for my Lazer. It currently has a 18 hp Kohler with under 100 hours. Kohler runs great, I just want more power and Northern is selling the Honda for $1100 bucks.