1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

24hp Honda Super Z

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by landscaper3, Jun 4, 2003.

1. landscaper3

landscaper3 LawnSite Bronze Member

How well does the 24hp Honda pull a 60" Z around? I found a demo 2002 unit at $7888 is that a good price? 18hrs.
  2. jman00

jman00 LawnSite Member

I have the 24 honda on my super mini 52 and it is a great engine. It does get bogged down in really heavy grass going up a hill at full speed though.

It may be a little underpowered for your mower.

i think the kawis have more torque for the horsepower.
  3. syncom2

syncom2 LawnSite Member
    from Ohio

Pray tell...
    Just who in their right mind will run their Super Mini Z up a hill at full clip... which should be near that 13 mph mark... in heavy grass? I don't know who does, but I sure know who doesn't!
  4. jman00

jman00 LawnSite Member

i just got a little carried away raving about my mower and all of the power it has. I dont mow up hills at full speed nor across them but i can mow at full speed (10mph mowing) in pretty tall bahaia and it cuts sweetno stick ups. super sharp blades though. I save the smaller st augustine yards which can be cut with a slightly less sharp blade for later in the day.

by the way mine was a demo unit for around 7000 if i remember right. i would have to look. great machine
  5. plowboy81

plowboy81 LawnSite Member

I just bought a new super z 60" with 25 kaw last Tues.(6/3) The day before (Mon), dealer dropped the price from 8000 to 7600. Check the dealer again and maybe you can buy a brand new one cheaper than the demo. Go with the Kaw it is a heck of an engine. I have only had mine less than a week and I love it. The day I brought it home it was literally pouring rain. I couldn't stand it any longer so I mowed part of a hay field when the rain quit that evening. Didn't bog the motor at all. Sure I had clumps, but the cut was excellent. Good luck.