$ 25.00 seems like the adverage price

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Mdirrigation, Jul 24, 2004.

1. Mdirrigation

Mdirrigation LawnSite Silver Member

After reading posts for a while 25 bucks seems to be an "adverage" price for cutting a small to medium lawn.

At $ 25.00 per lawn you need to cut 4000 ( four thousand )
    lawns to GROSS $ 100,000. So basically on a 7 month season working 5 days a week , every week you have to cut 28.5 lawns a day at $ 25.00 to get to the magic 100 grand gross income from mowing . This equates to $ 712.50 per day .

2. txlawnking

txlawnking LawnSite Bronze Member

$25 for a small-medium lawn sure ain't my average.. My cheapest currently is $32.50. I can usually do it, door to door in 28-36 mins, depending on my motivation.

3. dlandscaping

dlandscaping LawnSite Senior Member
    from mass

28-36 minutes with what equipment. Around here, even the biggest companies with the best lawns only get 27.50 2 years ago to do my neighbors, around 10k sq ft, and another house with much more detail work they get 25. I dont see how you can get that much in texas. What equipment are you using, and do you edge everytime. Are there as many obstacles and perimeter as there is up here.

4. AL Inc

AL Inc LawnSite Bronze Member

The pathetic thing is, I was doing lawns for $25 14 years ago when I was in high school.

5. dlandscaping

dlandscaping LawnSite Senior Member
    from mass

Yea and what size lawns are you doing now. NY is much higher cost of living than here. I try to get $30 minimum but there is enough competition and enough established companies that it is impossible to be starting out and getting $50 a week. No one hires a company that just started expanding regardless of what type of quality they do for that much money. Anyways you still probably only get $40 an hour if you are working solo and I know plenty of jobs that can make that. Now what is the pathetic thing.

6. Yard Perfect

Yard Perfect LawnSite Member

You do great math, now learn how to spell. Doing 28+ lawns a day will be a challenge - good luck

7. txlawnking

txlawnking LawnSite Bronze Member

52" Surfer, mow, trim, edge, blow, & go. Everytime. I'm solo. I don't see how you can't get more than that in Mass.

8. shiznitttt

shiznitttt LawnSite Member

I work with several surgeons and anesthesiologist who had "yard services" when they were in college and residency, and they are paying the same amount today for someone to do their yards as they were making in the 80's. I get around 30 dollars a yard, and I feel that the call backs I don't get is because of pricing myself to high. I do this parttime so I don't have to make a "living" at it, but I don't see how anyone can mow a yard for 20 bucks. Oh, by the way, those surgeons and anesthesiologist were getting 20 to 25 bucks per yard back in the 80's in Norman, Oklahoma. That is right outside of Oklahoma University, were there was PLENTY of competition.

9. chefdrp

chefdrp LawnSite Bronze Member

my smallest is 6000 s/f and i get 25 for it.

10. AL Inc

AL Inc LawnSite Bronze Member

I didn't mean to insult you, d it is just that clients mindset hasn't changed. Not many things cost the same today as they did 14 years ago.