$25/cut business idea

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by emil35, Jun 26, 2006.

1. emil35

emil35 LawnSite Member

I've seen a few of them around but would like to learn more. These groups that advertise their minimum or average cost and only cut up to a certain size. Do any of them work? I've seen some good advertising with. Seems like a retail type of idea...you know like a hair cut. Seems interesting but yet i feel it's risky or won't work. Also, it seems like only residential would use the service, but maybe I'm wrong. Also would it be a good campagin for college students? Just a thought...?
  2. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

To me, this would be a great bid to turn in for a row of condos, or in the case of these 2 elderly ladies I have... Their lawns are literally side by side, 1/4 acre each so normally $35 each, but I've been servicing these two as one big 1/2 acre lot for 50 dollars and the ladies split this between themselves and everybody is happy.

Other than that, I've done it before and still have a few on my list, but as a general rule I don't like it anymore, my minimum is $35 and I really like to get at least $30 for coming out.
  3. LushGreenLawn

LushGreenLawn LawnSite Silver Member

In my advertising I sometimes mention that most lawns are $25, however, very few of my lawns are $25, and the few that are are 5 minute trailer park lawns. I usually charge more, citing size of yard, amount of trimming, obsticles, ect as the reason. Its an easy way to get alot of phone calls, and I get most of the cliets that I do estimates for.