1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

25 Duplex buildings bid

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lawnrangeralaska, Mar 9, 2006.

1. lawnrangeralaska

lawnrangeralaska LawnSite Senior Member

25 duplex buildings on 8 acres i estimate and this is a over 55 community. I would need to trim around every building, trees and flower beds, and down the sidewalks, and driveways, and blow clippings off drive ways. The people that do it have two walkers and they mow it and trim it in 8 - 9 hours. I was wondering what a fair price would be for this. These aren't the fastest two workers i've seen either. I would be using two 48" walkers and total of 3 guys. Just curious what yal would bid a job like this that you can stay working non stop for 8 hours on.

2. nmhorns

nmhorns LawnSite Member

3,250/month

3. CAG

CAG LawnSite Senior Member
    from ct

really hard to say without seeing it but if its taking 2 guys 8-9 hrs i would go from 800-1000 per cut.. The hrs seem to be a little high though for a 8acre 25building complex..Keep in mind that you can mow full blast cutting res all day but its a little hard to do with a commercial acc that you are at all day..

4. lawnrangeralaska

on this property you have small front lawns and side lawns and then a few big open common areas and then some long striaght sections, because how the lawns are laid out I can see how it takes so long. And the trimming was 2 hours with 2 guys and only 6 hours of mowing.

5. CAG

CAG LawnSite Senior Member
    from ct

feel them out for a price 1k would be nice

6. lawnrangeralaska

i kinda thought 800 was a fair price, i need to land it before i raise it up to 1k i think

7. LawnGuy73

LawnGuy73 LawnSite Bronze Member

$800! You should be getting at least $35-$40 a door, at least. At $800 your going to lose the shirt on your back. :hammerhead:

8. lawnrangeralaska

800 is almost 35 a door!

9. promower

promower LawnSite Bronze Member

I mow something very similar to what your describing only its 2 acres, and 71 units. I charge 2750 a month but that also includes snow. I dont think charging by the door or unit is really the way to go. Will it take 8-9 total man hours or 8-9 hours per guy. If its 8-9 total hours then I guess my price would come in around $450, if it's 8-9 per guy then I would say around $1300 per cut.

10. Billz

Billz LawnSite Member

Why would you double your man hours, and triple your price? All our condo developments we do are per unit...we make more money that way, it seems, and it was easier to sell to the assoc.
    there are 50 units, 800 is only $16 per door...which I would really push to the assoc...2 guys for 8 hours on 8 acres seems long, but with lots of edging and trimming is possible... that is $100 per acre, and $50 per man hour...if it is mostly retired people you might want to go higher, simply for the reason that half of them will come out each week, and nitpick anything they feel will strike up a conversation, retired people here are lonely, and love to chat about almost anything!