$25 in me to death in new jersey

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by bobbygedd, Apr 27, 2003.

1. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

well, this is the last straw. i dont know why people are stuck on the price of $25 per cut. a few days ago i did a quote on a few properties, these were all nieghbors that use the same service. they are all unhappy with thier current service, i quoted them $35 per cut, and i blew their socks off. they want me to match thier "other guy". i said, "u want the same service, or better?" well, they want better, and showed me invoices of $25 per cut, including tax! im at $35, plus tax. i did not get the customers. these are very high end properties. why are u guys screwing yourselves, and me too? if i see any lawn service, without pest numbers on the truck, i WILL report you, anonymously, for suspition of applying pesticides, i will also report u to the state for not collecting sales tax, or paying it, and then of course, there is the irs. this is war, im tired of your ****!

2. ZX12R

ZX12R LawnSite Senior Member

Bobby,I feel and share the anger you have. I hate to say it,but most landscapers are ***holes when it comes to pricing and they only hurt the industry as a whole. I wish there were an industry standard for square footage so these fools could not hurt the rest of us so much. Listen,if I think these low ballers are idiots,don't they know the customer must think the same thing? Labor in any field is expensive and we should charge accordingly.

3. Darryl G

Darryl G LawnSite Fanatic

Bobby - No pesticide number on my truck, but I'm in CT. Do you want my plate number and the phone number to DEP? Need the phone number for the state Dept. of revenue service.

Come on, don't be a jerk. Just because someone doesn't have pest. #'s on their truck doesn't mean anything. And some services include (and pay) tax in their price.

Why do you always have to blame someone else? You come across as a hot head who has a hard time getting along with just about everyone. Could that have anything to do your problems?

Geez, you post about 6 topics a week about all the problems you have in dealing with people. Chill out and take an anger management course or something. I'm getting tired of all the whinning!

4. AL Inc

AL Inc LawnSite Bronze Member

I agree with Darryl.

5. bobbygedd

from NJ

no problem, tell it to the judge. no numbers? i paid for mine. the people in this industry are keeping themselves at rock bottom prices! sure, let me have the info, ill rat u out tommorow morning. i couldnt care less what u think. time to start getting rid of the rif raf in this business. i pay for my license, i keep my records, i have everything im supposed to. i pay my accountant, and my taxes. ill rat out anyone i see. wanna confront me? lets roll! im tired of competing with people who like being poor

6. Darryl G

Oh, forgot to mention that I didn't pay a dime in State or Federal income tax for the business last year and no SS or Medicare either.

Rat me out if you want, but I'm 100% legit.

By the way, I'm not poor.

7. bobbygedd

from NJ

yup, u r 100% legit, but it will cost u $$$ to prove it. cmon big mouth, give me the name and number.

8. Rhett

Rhett LawnSite Bronze Member

Feel your pain. Do you really want those accounts that will leave you next year when someone offers them same deal as you but for 30 dollars. Good Luck
    Rhett

9. bobbygedd

from NJ

well, maybe after paying enough in fines, these guys will be forced to charge legit fees. what a shame, people with such good work ethic, who take so much pride in thier work, charging peanuts. im doing just fine, but really trying to grow this year, and it seems the only way to do it, is to work cheap.

10. Darryl G

CT DEP Pesticide Mangement Division 860-424-3369. My company name is Gesner's Lawn Care & Landscaping, LLC.

Let me know if you need anything else.