25 Kohler Lazer

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by S L S 1, Oct 25, 2001.

1. S L S 1

S L S 1 LawnSite Member
    from PA

Hi, I have a 3 year old lazer with a 25 Kohler that needs major engine work. I am looking into the possibility of replacing it, but I want to know the expected life expectancy of the engine, hydros, wheel motors, and the spindles to help me with my decision.

2. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

S L S 1,

It is kind of hard to answer, with out knowing how many hours the unit has and how it was treated in that time.

I have seen engines and hydro last 1500hrs and I have seen them last 3500hrs. Spindles to me would not be as big of a deal. We sell our spindles for around 50 to 60 dollars, so I don't think I would be too concerned with this component. I do however understand that money is money.

The other things I would look at the condition of the frame and the deck. Looking at these compotes can tell you how well the unit was taken care of. If you see that the frame has been repaired with any type of welding, patching, or bracing you may want to think twice about.

The other thing that I would do is take it to your dealer and get his opinion.

Thanks, Fred.

3. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

SLS1,
    How many hours are on your machine? The age isn't that important, as the hours. Rebuilding of this motor shouldn't be that expensive. Please let me know if your motor currently runs, but just doesn't have power.