1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

25 lawns a day.......

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by bobbygedd, Mar 26, 2006.

1. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

can it be done? 25 lawns a day, in 8 hrs time, @ an average of $28 each, and burn only $12 a day in fuel. FUEL= truck, mower, wacker, blower, edger + oil. can it be done?

TURF DOCTOR LawnSite Silver Member

NO,that's like 4 gallon of fuel.
  3. DistLawns

DistLawns LawnSite Member
    from Midwest

Why do you ask?
  4. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

then....how much in fuel?$15? $20?
  5. dcondon

dcondon LawnSite Silver Member

It all depends on how far your going and size of the lawns. 25 lawns no problem but fuel is a different story. JMO
  6. hortboy

hortboy LawnSite Member

I'd say yes to that and I have had days like that, but many variable play into it. I can honestly say a 2 man crew I had last year did over 50 lawns in a 9 hour day, w/ an average lawn price of $24.75 and only put 29 miles on the truck. But those days are few and far between.
  7. Ol'time Lawncare

Ol'time Lawncare LawnSite Senior Member
    from NJ

yes,12 dollars.3 lawns an hour.lawn mower runs 10 minutes each lawn.no more the 5 minutes apart from each lawn.it can be done.I wouldnt do it every day.
  8. qualitylawnmanagement

qualitylawnmanagement LawnSite Bronze Member

I would say yes if all of the lawns are on the same street you could do 25 in one day, 1/4 size lots. If the truck don't move from where you park it at then it won't use that much fuel, take your trimmer and blower and hop on the z or walk the walk-behind to the jobs then yes you could do it for under $12.00. But then again you will be pushing to the limit on your budget on price want to spend to run your company.
  9. sjessen

sjessen LawnSite Gold Member
    Male, from Knoxville, Tn

I would guess you would use $20-25 in gas depending on how tight the route was.

TURF DOCTOR LawnSite Silver Member

Can't be done,it's like a piss ant eating a bail of hay.