25 one week more for two weeks.

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by S man, Aug 10, 2005.

1. S man

S man LawnSite Gold Member

I cut this lady who has a very thick small front yard and a awful hilly dangerous back yard that I cut for 25. Sometimes she gives me extra for all the trimming needed in the back do to the mower not being able to reach everything. Well it gets high quick and doesn't want it every week for 25. She wants it every two weeks for 25. I'm thinking this is the last time I'm doing this place. Already she's getting a good deal but for two weeks? She said there's a little old man who used to do it and he did a good job in two weeks. I would love to see him do it with that kind of grass and weeds every where! They're doing renovations on the house and the stupid guys throw stuff all over the yard that screws up my mower.

So should lawns that are cut every two weeks be charged more?

2. splatz100

splatz100 LawnSite Senior Member

I have a 25 minimum on weekly accounts. For biweekly I charge at least 35...

3. S man

S man LawnSite Gold Member

I thought so. I would give them a break if the lawn is easy to keep up on.

4. splatz100

splatz100 LawnSite Senior Member

Only exception for me to go below my minimum is if I'm making $3 a minute on a biweekly. That being said getting a lawn done in 10 minutes I would charge 30. But it is rare because I dont like dealing with biweeklys and will charge the most I can.

5. SodKing

SodKing LawnSite Bronze Member

Weekly charge $35, bi-weekly $90

Of course Sman being 16...$25 for anything is all you should get.

6. Davis Lawn Mowing LLC

Davis Lawn Mowing LLC LawnSite Senior Member

If the season starts out bi-weekly I charge double what I would normally charge for weekly. If it becomes bi-weekly because of the low growth in summer, I charge weekly plus half. Works well for me. So a $25.00 lawn becomes $37.50.

7. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

It doesn't seem worth it for 25 a week. See if you can get an easy one for 25 to replace it. I hope you know that when see finds someone to do it for 25 "or less" every other week, Your history.

John

8. fga

fga LawnSite Silver Member

i have elliminated bi-weekly customers. i convinced the ones i had to go weekly, and when i do estimates, i state i only go weekly.
    sell them on the premise, that you're not only cutting grass, you do beds, blow the walks and driveways... "keeping the property neat".
    the only time i consider skipping a week at thier request, is this time of year, when they're dried out.

like John said, find another account to replace it if she doesn't go to a weekly. tell her, due to the overwhelming amount of weekly growth, you can longer offer bi-weekly service. i'm sure she'll give you the OK, if not, don't sweat it. over the years as you weed at cumbersome accounts, your life will become alot easier.

9. Precision

Precision LawnSite Silver Member

YES somewhere between 25 - 50% more

10. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

Why do two weeks of work for less money. Why not 100% more payup

John