250,000 door hangers

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by smarino21, Jan 24, 2007.

1. smarino21

smarino21 LawnSite Senior Member

How much time do you think it would take to put out 250k door hangers with how many guys i wanna hit the same homes like 5 times? has any one done this many or rough idea how many 1k take with 1 guy type of numbers?

2. ACutAbovesiny

ACutAbovesiny LawnSite Senior Member

Wow...thats alot of door hangers. Where are you getting them and how much??

It really depends on how close the houses are to each other. In my area the houses are right on top of each other so we could put out about 450-500 per hour per man.

You could get them all out in 2 days with 5 guys but you said you want to double up on each house. So I would suggest sending 4 guys out for like 5 hours twice a week. Thats still only 20,000 per week. It would take 13 weeks to send them all out.

3. grass disaster

grass disaster LawnSite Silver Member

lets see what it looks like

4. Adam's Lawn and Garden

Adam's Lawn and Garden LawnSite Senior Member

That is a rediculous amount of dour hangers. That is one costly investment. Which IMO could be spent elsewhere. Also, i wouldn't recommend hitting the same house 5 times, probably like twice max. If someone kept on giving me flyers and i wasn't interested i would start to get Pissed off. Just my two cents, i am going to do door flyers too, but only in certain neighborhoods, and they're going to have a price on them per cut.

adam

5. ACutAbovesiny

I agree with the repetition. Maybe not 5 times but 3 or 4 is a great idea.

6. ACutAbovesiny

that is a huge expense though. the cheapest I have found them is for $300 for 10,000. That would be $7,500 for 250,000. If I where you I'd do about half that (which is still alot).

7. Team-Green L&L

Team-Green L&L LawnSite Bronze Member

Somebody is thinking WAY too big!!!

8. ACutAbovesiny

Think about getting just 1% of them to accept. Thats 2500 customers. Good luck with that kind of increase.

9. DUSTYCEDAR

DUSTYCEDAR LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

i bet u cant get a 1000 out a day it just takes to long to walk house to house and then move to the neighborhoods u want to be in just my opin if u do it please put up some numbers u put out a day

10. Vikings

Vikings LawnSite Bronze Member
    from canada

Normal yards (distance) and cutting across properties (a necessity) One guy can do about a hundred an hour but they play out after 6 hours. I hire guys all the time to deliver flyers (day labour). I'm talking flyers to, Door hangers take longer because You have to stand there and fiddle.