$2500 a week for 10 Hours!?!?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by grasssin, Apr 2, 2004.

1. grasssin

grasssin LawnSite Senior Member

Walked in the house yesterday and my roomate told me I got a call from the Universities ground maint. guy, said he wanted to talk to me about cutting some property around campus that included the presidents house and other different select properties.

Told me the guy said "the last guy we had did it for $2500 a week for about 12 hours of work" and we need it done every week for an entire year, and if I could do it for $2400 it would be mine.
    Total years work : $148,000!!!

My roomie even had the info written down on a post it really scrathy like as if we was writing quickly to get everything down ..............

Called the guy up with trembling fingers but the number did not work..........

Roomate turns around huge smile ........APRIL FOOLS!!

I hate him....

2. E.L.I.T.E.LawnCare

E.L.I.T.E.LawnCare LawnSite Member

LOL :D , that was wrong

3. lawnranger44

lawnranger44 LawnSite Senior Member

LOL! hahahahahaha

WOW!!! As I was reading that I thought how incredible that would be. Sucks to get your hopes up like that.

4. WAGS LandL

WAGS LandL LawnSite Member

Wow that was great LMAO! As I was reading I was thinking
    what day was it.

5. lawn perfection

lawn perfection LawnSite Senior Member

If its to good to be true it probably is.

6. Rhett

Rhett LawnSite Bronze Member

Now is time to get even. Get a bunch of condiment packages, ketchup, Mayo, onion and fold them in half under the rubber stops of the commode seat facing the middle. When he sits down he will get a surprise that he will remember for a life time. Its the least you can do

7. turfcare

turfcare LawnSite Senior Member

Paybacks are @#$%

8. jajwrigh

jajwrigh LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from Martinsville, IN

That is awesome!!! Great joke to play on someone in our line of work!

9. charlies

charlies LawnSite Senior Member
    from earth

here's a good one, i saw it on an old movie once, i can't remember which one. i used to do it all the time in college, it works great.

send friend out for beer, while he's gone, take everthing out of the fridge, including the shelves, hide the stuff, like in a cabinet or something. wait till he pulls into the driveway, get in the fridge. when he opens the fridge to put the beer in, lunge out screaming. the last guy i did it to (years ago) actually fell down, honest.

10. charlies

charlies LawnSite Senior Member
    from earth

that sounds like a good one! never heard of an onion condiment pack though....