2500 Flyers

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Watson's Landscaping, Mar 10, 2007.

1. Watson's Landscaping

Watson's Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

Just wanted to let you guys know that after three days of rolling and rubberbanding flyers there all done. And do you guys think this week is to soon to start passing them out up here in michigan, its going to be 50* and i though people would start thinking about there lawns. Two of my old clients have already called for spring clean up's and re mulching.
    Thanks

2. GreenN'Clean

GreenN'Clean LawnSite Bronze Member

Please let us know what the percentage of customers you get from the 2500 flyers.

3. terrapro

terrapro LawnSite Bronze Member

good luck. i started passing out last week. couple hundred a day. no calls yet

4. GreenN'Clean

I haven't ever had any luck with flyers in my area. The best way was newspaper ads and direct mail

5. AllProLC

AllProLC LawnSite Member

Have put out approx 500 flyers in last week. 2 calls, 2 new customers. Supposed to hit 70 next week hopefully calls will increase.

6. Gaturf

Gaturf LawnSite Member

Im with you Green n clean, a few years ago i put out about 1000 flyers and only got one customer. Plus, here in Ga putting out flyers is a pain in the butt because of all the HOA nazis out there. no soliciting and no handbills at every entrance. I started using advertising magazines and this year Im going in the yellow pages.

7. jbpo

jbpo LawnSite Member

gaturf, how well did the advertising magazines work for you. so far postcards have worked best for me.

8. Gaturf

Gaturf LawnSite Member

I have a local advertising magazine that lets you put flyers in the middle of the book. Its one of those upscale community magazines. They have 42,000 subscribers with about 24,000 of those being residential. It cost .04 cents per flyer but you have to have the flyers printed by someone else. I found a company on the internet that sold me 5000 4x6 full color postcards for $200 including shipping. So for a little over $.07 per flyer i can advertise. The avg. flyer rate is 3% for every 100 I think but I'm only getting around 1.75-2%. But the beauty of this is that i can choose the routes I want. So one of my routes has the local county club.....2000 subscribers in one area! So i can put out 5000 flyers for about $350 and i never leave my house...and when the calls come in....there all on the same main road. I run my lawn care company on my off days from the firehouse so I only need about 40-50 customers a year. So 5000 flyers brings in about 90 to 100 potentials. I do this twice a year. once for maint. contracts and the other is for aerating and overseeding. It has worked out great for me!

9. GreenN'Clean

I use vista print for all my business cards,postcards,brochures etc they do quality work. I have dealt with them for several years and have always been happy with there work

10. Gaturf

Gaturf LawnSite Member

TRY WWW.PRINTSMADEEASY.COM

I USED THEM FOR THE FIRST TIME THIS YEAR AND THEY SEEM TO BE PRETTY GOOD. ILL LET YOU KNOW FOR SURE ON MONDAY WHEN I GET MY SHIPMENT FOR THIS MONTH. 5000 FULL COLOR FRONT AND BW BACK. FOR AROUND $200. BUT SHIPPING ALONE IS $62. I HAVE BEEN USING VISTAPRINT FOR SEVERAL YEARS FOR MY BUSINESS CARDS BUT THE POSTCARDS WERE NICE BUT ALITTLE HIGH PRICED.

GA TURF