2500 t bars in a 1500?

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by Alpha Property, Feb 25, 2010.

1. Alpha Property

Alpha Property LawnSite Senior Member

Anyone know if i can put a set of t bars out of a 2500 chev into my 1500 chev? its a 2000 Z71

2. Accu-cut Lawn Care

Accu-cut Lawn Care LawnSite Bronze Member

Probably not. Cross reference your bars to the 2500 on sway away's website. Sway away makes a great bar for your truck. It's 30 percent stiffer and stronger than stock.

3. Accu-cut Lawn Care

Sway aways site lists them as unavailable. Who knows... They may be the same. Measure them for length if you can't find the info on the web. Google is your friend.

4. stevenf

stevenf LawnSite Bronze Member

Just call your local dealer and ask the parts department or a dealer mechanic. Ive been considering 2500 leaf springs in the back of my 1500. T bars would be a good addition also.

5. Alpha Property

Alpha Property LawnSite Senior Member

thanks guys, the plow site guys say there all the same, i was given a tech articl if anyone wants it i'll post the link

6. Accu-cut Lawn Care

Be prepared to do some welding! A lot of times, the leaf perches are different on various duty trucks. It's a good mod though. Consider add a leafs or custom springs to strengthen the back too.

7. 2005_Sierra

2005_Sierra LawnSite Member

if you want a definite answer pm B&B on plowsite he will tell you what bars you want and if the heavier spring will bolt right in

8. laird006

laird006 LawnSite Member

they will work. period. i have 1 ton bars in my 1500. gotta hate when people answer questions they dont know the answer to.