2500hd Diesel Towing a 1500

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by Petr51488, Jun 4, 2008.

1. Petr51488

Petr51488 LawnSite Silver Member
    from NJ

So the transmission went out on my trusty old green truck. I didn’t want to spend 300 on a tow to my dads shop to have it fixed so I went over to u-haul and rented a trailer for about 35.00. This truck handled it like it wasn’t even there. Now for the trailer… you can tell that the truck barely fit. I didn’t think about it at all when I picked it up because all I was thinking was the 3k bill for the new trans. Well, luckily it barely fit, got it to the shop safely and hopefully the trans will be fixed by the end of the week. It was going to cost me 2,900 to have it rebuilt at the local shop, but I told my dad about it, and said he could get a new trans for 1300. Now all I have to pay is the 1300 plus the labor he pays his guys. I had the trailer hooked up when the trans went out. All you heard was this loud piercing sound if you went over 4mph. I will get rid of this truck by the end of the season and buy another 2500hd. Reg cab 8ft box. They had some killer deals here for the memorial day sale. There was a 3500 srw diesel. 42k sticker, sale was 33k. I’m sure there could have been more wiggle room with the price, but that was that. Enjoy the pics.

2. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

May have been wiggle room in that price but there sure as he!! aint no wigle room for that truck! lol. How many miles does it have on it (the green one)?
  3. P.Services

P.Services LawnSite Fanatic

i pulled my kodiak dump on my bobcat trailer behind my 2500 dodge,uhh yeah you could feel that load for sure. i wish i took a pick cuz it looked crazy
  4. zemzabob

zemzabob LawnSite Senior Member

I bet it did I would like to see that it would have been funny.
  5. DBL

DBL LawnSite Silver Member

ahhh 4mph you would have made it to the shop eventually
  6. BrandonV

BrandonV LawnSite Platinum Member

got ya beat...

7. Petr51488

from NJ

Yea, it was a tight squeeze. The green one has 115k but the tranny was rebuilt once before. The truck was actually totalled a while back (maybe 5-7 years ago) and was replaced. The whole front end was smashed in, so that may have been the reason for the previous tranny.
  8. BrandonV

BrandonV LawnSite Platinum Member

that's a nice trailer btw,
  9. deere615

deere615 LawnSite Fanatic

Nice pics, that was a good deal on the trailer
  10. Petr51488

from NJ

Thanks. Its u-hauls though.