2500HD Tires

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by STIHL GUY, Sep 4, 2010.

STIHL GUY LawnSite Fanatic
    from CT

im looking to buy new tires for my 2500HD. does anybody know if i can fit 285's without a leveling kit?? i cranked the torsion bars up in front.

do any of you have pictures of your 2500HD with 285's?

2. KE-llc

KE-llc LawnSite Senior Member

you can run the 285s with the torsion bars raised a lil and some plastic lining trimmed back....honestly there's no need for the 285s...if you want it for looks then I would suggest dumping some $ into the front end. JMO

from CT

Well I plan on eventually adding a leveling kit but the tires are coming first so I just wanted to make sure they would fit till I do get the leveling kit
    Posted via Mobile Device
  4. P.Services

P.Services LawnSite Fanatic

I have 285 on my 2500hd. Find my photo thread and you will see some good pictures of it. Baddest truck ever if you asked me!!
    Posted via Mobile Device
  5. jimmyjack

jimmyjack LawnSite Senior Member

ive ran 285s since i got the my truck no leveling kit or cranking just trimmed the plastic , now i have 315s on it still no kit or cranking
  6. 360ci

360ci LawnSite Senior Member

I'd stick with 265s personally unless you need the additional ground clearance (an inch or so). 265's will also keep costs down and knowingly will keep mileage decent.
  7. WH401

WH401 LawnSite Senior Member

I'd stick with at least 265's too. You don't need anymore tire than that and 285's are likely to really kill the mileage on a truck that doesn't get it in a decent manor to begin with. Putting the level kit on will only hurt it more, not to mention it'll make the front end raised up when the back is squatting from a load.

The stock tires on those trucks are 245's right?, at least that's what I have always seen stock on GM's.
  8. OrangeToys

OrangeToys LawnSite Bronze Member
    from SW MO

i run 285's and couldn't be happier. the milage isn't any different!
  9. lawnpropm

lawnpropm LawnSite Senior Member

I purchased my 2500 with 285's on it already and nearly everyone around here runs them also. They run great just make sure your tread isn't too aggressive it will beat you to death.
    Posted via Mobile Device

from CT

i ended up going with 265s instead