1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

2510 help!

Discussion in 'Tanaka' started by WREBELMACHINE, Mar 7, 2008.

WREBELMACHINE LawnSite Bronze Member

Hey guys I have a couple of the 2510 hand held blowers. They are good when they are cold but when they get hot and you shut them off for a couple of minutes and go back to run them they miss and won't run like they are vapor locked! I have had this problem all of last year and today it was 40degrees out and they still do it! I have talked to other cutters and I am not the only one having this problem is there a fix?
  2. MONTE

MONTE LawnSite Senior Member

I am currious too! Mine do the exact same thing! It is so frustrating that mine just sit in the garage now! And I bought mine new in 07!
  3. pugs

pugs LawnSite Gold Member

I have not had that around here...maybe the weather here isnt right for it? I probably sell 10-20 of those blowers a year for the past 5 years now.

One thing I have seen alot and I think its partly the customer and partly a design flaw is the fuel line where it connects to the carb. When you reach in there to prime it and get rough in there you can rub the very soft fuel line against the barbed fitting on the carb and cause a pin hole leak. I wish they would use a tougher material for the fuel line...although it is very nice stuff since I don think I have ever had it melt or whatever from stale fuel. But I have found many a pinhole there and it will act like the muffler is clogged and just run poorly and not accelerate. However Cold vs Hot should not affect that.

But that is allways the first thing I look for when one comes in that isnt running right. Pump the primer like 5-10 times to make sure everything is nice and full. Then look down there at the fuel line and move it around kinda stretching/pulling it in different directions...if you see a small tear or see some fuel coming out that may be your problem. Pull the line off, cut the last 1/4" or so off and put it back on(there is plenty there).
  4. MONTE

MONTE LawnSite Senior Member

All of mine do the same thing they are fine cold but don't shut it off because they just do not run right! They do act like they have vapor locked but they will run just at about half pwr! I know this is probably exactly what rebel is having problems with!