255 sx valve problem

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by GrazerZ, May 12, 2004.

1. GrazerZ

GrazerZ LawnSite Senior Member

just bought a used 255 sx with @200 hrs on it. everything works fine except the up and down for the plow does not work. The valve was stuck and I brought it to a hydrolic place that freed it and replaced the seals. I put it back in and it still does not work.
    When I go to engage it, the machine revs down like its under load but the ram does'nt move. Right now the plow blade is not on so tomarrow i'm going to add hydrolic fluid and then work the ram up and down with a hoist. I thought that since the machine had been sitting for a while maybe air go in there or something. Just despirite to get it going. Have any of you had this problem before? Any recommendations? Please don't just read this and not awnser, I need advice.... Thank you.:cry:

2. GrazerZ

figured it out myself...

3. greenworldh20

greenworldh20 LawnSite Senior Member

new is cheaper...especially with the low interest rates.

brian

4. greenwayirrigation

greenwayirrigation LawnSite Member
    from ma

with 200 hrs i would send it out to ditch witch and have them fix it right and have them look at everything. youll get back a brand new machine.

5. GrazerZ

sorry on the 200hrs. the machine actually has 2000hrs on it. Also I put in a new valve, works fine. I've only had the chance to pull about 550' of 1 1/4" poly so far, worked great.