1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

25hp/60" super z

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by ScCo, Jan 25, 2004.

1. ScCo

ScCo LawnSite Senior Member

To make short of a long story, I had never rode a hustler ztr until today.

Demo'd a 25hp/60" super z, and it is now setting in my shop.

Absolutely had to have the machine within 10 minutes of being on it. Slopes that my ferris IS1000 wouldn't think about holding on are a breeze for the super z. Not once on the demo property which has several slopes that are rather steep, did I feel uncomfotable with the machine's stability.

In the ryegrass I was cutting which was approximately 4" tall, the super z cut through the grass easily taking 1" off the height and doing so at very close to full speed. Absolutely cuts circles around my ferris...yes I realize the 1000z and super z isn't a fair comparison, just stating the obvious as I'm EXTREMELY happy with our purchase on all aspects from the dealer, to the machine.

Time for us to fabricate a chain striper, and go to town on the mowing. I think this machine will do wonders for our productivity.

Thanks to Hustler and the local Hustler dealer for making us one helluva deal on an AWESOME machine.

...next up...15hp/37" walk-behind :)
  2. J.Gordon

J.Gordon LawnSite Senior Member

I assume you bought your Super Z from Williams Tractor because of the comment about your dealer? If so thatÂ’s where I got my walk-behind. Great people there!

3. ScCo

your assumption is correct.

I looked at another company that is sold at william's tractors other store, but I was much more impressed with the hustler, and the dealer, and service people we spoke with at the hustler store.
  4. J.Gordon

J.Gordon LawnSite Senior Member

Did Jason sell you your Z? If so tell him I said hi when you see him again. I looked at the other brand at their other shop also but when I took the H-bar for a demo I forgot all about that Exmark.
  5. imograss

imograss LawnSite Senior Member

I like my Super!

6. ScCo

J. Gordon,

Yep it was Jason that we dealt with. I suspect there will be a 37" walk-behind purchased soon as well. I'm just ready for the grass to start growing and to put the new machine to work. ;)

I like mine too...already. :)
  7. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

We hear this a lot !!!

Thank you for your patronage !

Let me know if I can answer any questions for you.