25mph Mowhawk ztr?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by machsixer, Oct 12, 2006.

1. machsixer

machsixer LawnSite Member

Is anyone going to purchase one of these new Mowhawk ztr's? I saw one at the KY expo this last weekend. 13k seems pretty pricey.

2. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping LawnSite Gold Member

is there a web link where i can see the mower?

3. Idealtim

Idealtim LawnSite Senior Member

The only time your EVER going to be traveling that fast is during transport time. And it is not going to save enough time to justify an extra $4000.00 IMO.

4. puppypaws

puppypaws LawnSite Fanatic

How can you look at this thing I have never heard of it.

5. mowingmachine

mowingmachine LawnSite Senior Member

I saw it at the show also. I asked the guy about the 25 mph speed and he said it was mainly for transport but that it does cut at 25 mph.

6. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

There are now some pics of it here courtesy of weve...

I say no thanks.

7. WildWest

WildWest LawnSite Senior Member

The blades are spinnin' but I don't know if that would qualify as "a cut"!

Hey, why dont they just as a row of razors to the leading edge of the deck and go full speed.... "we don't just cut your lawn....we shave it!" :rolleyes:

8. Gatewayuser

Gatewayuser LawnSite Bronze Member

I don't waste my time at the show I use it wisely and I do that by not looking at things like that mower. I choose to listen to the lectures instead and look at real purchases. I did see it when I walked by and it looked like a gocart.:laughing:

9. Bel Air Bob

Bel Air Bob LawnSite Member

I got a pamplet if anyone wants more contact info, P.M. me and I'll get back to you. It does kinda look like a gocart, exactly what I thought. the 13K price tag was for the model built like to prototype at show w 30hp. They have cheaper models, though I never got a price nailed down, still expensive. Maybe next year when it's in production, they'll have outside booth and I can drive that baby..

10. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

lectric blue
    lectric shave
    lectric smooth

:p