26 EFI Kolher or 27 LC Kawasaki

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lee b, Jan 1, 2001.

1. lee b

lee b LawnSite Fanatic

Which engine do you consider the best, I hear good points for each. In south Georgia heat would LC be better? I want a 72" deck, which engine would handle this big deck the best. Not really interested in the diahatsu engines. Thanks for your opinions.

2. Mike Felices

Mike Felices Banned
    from Georgia

I am in north Georgia and spoke to a mechanic recently about the same thing. He said in any Southern state it is better to own the LC engines just due to wear and tear, and a higher possibility to overheat the engine. I would personally go with the 27hp LC Kawasaki with the 72" deck, over the 26hp EFI Kohler with the 72".

3. Guest

Lee,
    I had both models and I must say that the 27lc is the best way to go. After my 26efi was used for awhile and shut it off to trim or something, when I started it up to use it again it would miss and sputter abit. The 27lc is an awesome engine and personally I feel that the kawasaki engine has it all over the kohler.

[Edited by REO on 01-09-2001 at 07:23 PM]

4. kutnkru

kutnkru LawnSite Silver Member

We always specify Kawasaki when purchasing equipment and have put purchases off at mid season until the next year to avoid Kohler.

Many of my competitors prefer them or the newer vanguards. We have used Kawis since 95 and love 'em to pieces (figuratively speaking).

My .02
    Kris