26" exmark push mower

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by sfddelta1, Nov 8, 2007.

1. is anyone running them, like them, hate them, and what is the cost?

thanks
    Eric

2. All_Toro_4ME

All_Toro_4ME LawnSite Bronze Member

they're garbage, find a different mower, way overpriced.

3. Siesta Key Lawn Service

Siesta Key Lawn Service LawnSite Member

I have looked at these mowers a couple of times,but I have not been convinced that this mower is worth the money.Why would you put such a small engine on this mower? The guys I have talked to feel the same way.There is no advantage to this mower over the 21" Toro if it doesn't have any more power and it is much heavier than the 21". I have seen very few good reviews on this mower.If someone comes out with a 26" with a 9 or 10 H.P mower, I think it would be a good seller. I would take a good look at the 32" Quick debuting in February.

4. BOSCHERT LAWN CARE

BOSCHERT LAWN CARE LawnSite Member

nuff said!

5. Roger

Roger LawnSite Fanatic

It is my understanding the engine is governed to its full potential operating speed, 3,600 rpm. The belt drive permits the blade to operate at less rpm. Therefore the engine is able to develop more torque than the same engine governed to about 3,200 rpm (direct drive mowers).

I believe the experiences of those who bought one in either the first or second year of production indicate that power is not a problem. The first year buyers had all kinds of issues, but I think those who bought later models did not have the bad experiences. Judging by first year experiences is probably not a good idea.

You can do a search and read threads posted this year to learn of experiences, problems, etc. The older threads bashed the machine badly during the first year of production. For some owners, apparently it fits the needs well. For others, it does not fit the requirement. Just like any equipment choice, the machine may/may not fit YOUR requirements.

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong about the specifics on the engine speed.

6. southtx

southtx LawnSite Member

I was talking to a guy at the parts shop that runs 3 and he said they were great!!! The guy could not say a bad thing about any of the 3. He did say he had 2 of the new kawis with the new air filters but other then that he had me sold. Cant wait to sell off my other 21 and step up to the big boy!!!

7. Scagguy

Scagguy LawnSite Bronze Member

If you buy the 26", you had better keep your 21" for a back up, because it's a lead pipe cinch you're going to need it. I'm a Exmark fan, but this mower is a POS.

8. southtx

southtx LawnSite Member

Well form what the guy was saying and from what I have heard and seen from others..the mower seems to be getting better with time.....but like anything less you have to buy and run the any item in order to really say if the item is worth a damm or not. What have you heard and seen about this mower scagguy???? I have two commer. 21 and one needs to go so I think I try and run the 26. Anyone else know anything about the mower???

9. coonman

coonman LawnSite Senior Member

Technically you may be right, but these mowers are going for about $1600 or so. That should warrant an engine with more than 6hp. This 26 would be perfect for my small lawns, but I can get a 32 with 13-15 hp for just a few hundred more.

10. Roger

Roger LawnSite Fanatic

I don't disagree with the cost factor. I was addressing the power question.

Your comment about "$1600 ... warrant an engine with more than 6hp." is interesting. Why mount a larger engine than needed? A larger engine is going to weigh more, and weight of the machine is one of the cited downfalls of the mower.