26" Exmark

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by angnak, Aug 9, 2005.

1. angnak

angnak LawnSite Member
    from NC

Has anyone used this mower yet? Any input would be great.

2. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping LawnSite Gold Member

Do a search, there have been a lot of things about it recently. I have only heard negative comments about it. Lots of problems. Good Luck
  3. Oldtimer

Oldtimer LawnSite Bronze Member

Exmark is doing some redesign and all upgrades will be performed on the 26" mowers already sold.

4. Howard Roark

Howard Roark LawnSite Senior Member
    from Texas

What does this mean to current owners? Should we expect a letter?
  5. LandscapeSolutions

LandscapeSolutions LawnSite Member

Makes you wonder why these manufacturers dont put these mowers through intensive testing BEFORE they are available to the public.
  6. Oldtimer

Oldtimer LawnSite Bronze Member

I'm sure you will get a letter. We haven't been advised as to the time and what the upgrades will be but everyone can rest assured that any and all necessary changes will be made to the mowers in the field and to future production.

7. Howard Roark

Howard Roark LawnSite Senior Member
    from Texas

Fantastic! I hope one of the upgrades is a bigger engine!
  8. stuie

stuie LawnSite Member

A demo model arrives for me tomorrow Shame its winter and no grass to cut!Interesting to see what the modifications will be!
  9. MTR

MTR LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Florida

All eXmark 's top engineers working in Toro building now, the so-so or kids from college are filling in engineer spot, so you got a problem-ridden 26" with eXmark name on it.
  10. HK45Mark23

HK45Mark23 LawnSite Member

I think it is funny how quick people are to pass judgment. I don’t know any new product that had not had “bugs.” Every one knows that this product once the bugs are worked out will be a great mower. Seriously, am I the only one who understands that every product ever made has had some kind of problems? How about all the recalls on new cars, these are from the manufacturer trying to upgrade the product and the engineers not quite getting it right. Matter of fact who out there was a perfect lawn maintenance person on their first go at it. I bet every one sucked. Who here could ride a bicycle on the first try, or drive a stick the first time you tried. In reality there is only so much a manufacturer can test for and the real world lab is where the product will actually be proofed. Now that is happening and after all the problems are resolved the eXmark will be the best mower in the 21” - 26” class. I will get on as soon as the problems are resolved and matter of fact I won’t need my 21 any more. Some here have said that it was too heavy, well it is self propelled, and the tires are wider. If you take the tire contact patch on the 26 eXmark and say the contact patch on a John Deere JX75 and divide them by the weight of the corresponding mower, you will find the eXmark to be considerably lighter on its “feet” than any other mower in its class. So to all of you nay sayers, get over it and get a clew. I know for those who have one of the eXmark Metro 26” mowers it is aggravating dealing with the problems but you are helping forge the future of mowing and the future of a new innovative product. Think back to why you bought this awesome 26” mower in the first place. What features and benefits did it have that was the deciding factor for you? Those features have not changed and in time the product will be what it is intended to be.

I some times wonder how they say that we live in the most educated and enlightened country in the world, if we are the cream then wow the world must be devastatingly ignorant. ;-p

Any way try to get a grip and be a good citizen, try to help eXmark if you already have one of these mowers, be overly critical that is good but be nice when you are dealing with the manufacturer and the dealer. Don’t go bad mouthing the product or company, just turn in to the company the problems and allow them the benefit of the doubt. Allow them in the time it takes to creat a solution and test it to do so and implement the solution. For goodness’s sakes how many of you provide your customers with horrible services of you are not happy with them watching or talking to you. I mean I have heard people here say that they will not stop mowing to talk to their customers and who do you know they are not wanting to give you a drink of water. Who cared of you brought your own. Some people are nice. Who cared of they watch, some people are curious, just as long as if they are in a safe place. I tell customers with care for their safety that they need to be in their house but never out of disrespect So what if they want to spent time talking to you, some are lonely and you may be the only person who they have gotten to talk to all week. For all of you who are nasty to your customers, you will be treated like wise and I bet you will have vendors who will give you poor service and for you who have damaged property on purpose because you wanted vengeance for your being offended, I think you should burn in hell and I bet you will.

You are not a sub contractor, you are a contractor. These customers are you customers and they are the ones who contract you. I think you need to look at the laws for tax purposes on labor that defines employee and subcontractor. By the way most of you are self employed and not business owners. There is a great difference. If you don’t know what it is get a book by a man named Robert Kiyosaki called Cash Flow Quadrants.