26 HP Walker Mower Purchase

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by S. Scapes, Oct 6, 2012.

1. S. Scapes

S. Scapes LawnSite Member

Ok, I found a 2000 Walker MT with the GHS, 26 HP EFI and 48 inch deck. It has exactly 400 hours on it and I can pick it up today for $4800. I know this mower is 12 years old but Walker hasn't really change their design that much from then to now. I was wondering if this year model had a lot of problems. I know the price is very nice and everything checks out ok.
  2. Currinson

Currinson LawnSite Member
    from MA

that sounds like a great price. I have a 2000 26FI and still running strong with 1800 hrs on it, I have 2 others a 2004 and a 2009. A few minor changes, nothing major. Good luck. We are looking for a new one now. You will love them during clean ups.

3. S. Scapes

Thanks man! I was just hoping the 2000 models weren't a bad year to buy. Hopefully I'll be picking it up this weekend! :cool2:
  4. SDLandscapes VT

SDLandscapes VT LawnSite Senior Member

when the fan wears out upgrade to the larger fan housing and impeller.
  5. ashgrove landscaping

ashgrove landscaping LawnSite Gold Member

Offer $2200. It's 12 years old! Good luck finding parts. Everything breaks and wears out especially little switches and plastic pieces. Not worth 4800 at 4-5 years. You can find something better and more versitile than a silly walker for that price.
  6. CraigPLC

CraigPLC LawnSite Member

I was thinking $4500 for a 2000 was high, so I did a search, but I only found a
    2008 Walker Super B $5,500
    876 Hours, 27HP Kohler, 60" Deck
    Kromminga Motors, Inc
    (319) 465-5443

So I guess a unit that only got 33-hours a year put on it, would be a better buy then one that received 220-hours a year.

7. nickslawnltd

nickslawnltd LawnSite Member

Good luck finding parts?? Really?? That won't be an issue at all
  8. S. Scapes

The owner only used it for his home but he's old and wants to sell. I'll bark it down more once I see it for sure since it is an older mower. I need the mower because I am targeting high-end residential properties and it will be very handy with fall around the corner too.
  9. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

I have a 2000 Walker 26 EFI and LOVE it. I bought it new and I would buy this one out from under you in a second for that price in a second. My mower has 2100 hours on it and I have had a few issues but they were later in hours. I replaced the starter at 800 hours and a hydro pump at about 1200 hours or so. At 400 hours of homeowner use you basicially have a new mower.
    Parts are NOT an issue, EVERY part is still available. If you need help finding them just let me know.
    I would recommend buying this without question.
  10. S. Scapes

Thanks for the advice MOW ED and everyone else! Hopefully everything goes right this weekend