1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

26" Lawnmower

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by vegomatic40, Nov 15, 2001.

1. vegomatic40

vegomatic40 LawnSite Senior Member
    from 6

Does anyone know anything about a 26" Stanley mower? A few weeks ago I stupidly put straight unleaded in my 2-stroke,21" Lawn-boy. It was getting dark and I normally run only 2-stroke equipment but had used a pressure washer the week before to wash a deck. I used the same can that I normally mix fuel in and you got it...fried bearings and a sound that could only be compared to a coffee can full of old bolts run through the spin-cycle of a washing machine. I was heartbroken! My faithful 8 year old Lawn-boy was history. The only manufacturer I can find that makes one bigger than 22" (without going commercial) is Stanley. Available at Walmart. It features a OHV Tecumseh with a 26" deck. Is it worth $600? Or, should I by another 2-stroke Lawn-boy and listen to it's smoky,ever-dependable whine?
    I don't cut comm. anymore but still have some semblance of pride and this thing looks like a homeowner POS trying to look like a comm. mower. Any help?

2. vipermanz

vipermanz LawnSite Bronze Member

if i were in the same situation, i would go back to another lb, if you did go back to a lb and IF it were to mess up , the old one would be free parts:)

3. captdevo

captdevo LawnSite Senior Member

Trailmate Kee makes very durable 22", 24" and 26" highwheel mowers with briggs and hondas. steel or aluminum decks, fixed or swivel wheel, push or self-propelled