26" Metro

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by vipermanz, Apr 30, 2005.

1. vipermanz

vipermanz LawnSite Bronze Member

for those interested, the dealer i am now working at is expecting to recieve our first order of 26" metro machines next week, i'll get some pics of it when they come in

TURF DOCTOR LawnSite Silver Member

No thanx over priced
  3. grassmanvt

grassmanvt LawnSite Senior Member

This 26" metro is like the story of the yetti, we've all seen pictures and heard stories, but I'm beginning to wonder if they actually exist.
  4. dishboy

dishboy LawnSite Platinum Member
    from zone 6

Lets see,
    Exmark Metro 21 $52.00 per inch of cutting width.
    Exmark 36 TTHP $133.00 per inch of cutting width.
    Exmark Metro 26 $50.00 per inch of cutting width.

If you asked me I would say it is the bargain in the Exmark line of productive mowers.
  5. z_clark

z_clark LawnSite Senior Member

wow, that was pretty good Dishboy! Never thought of cost/inch of deck!

I plan on giving one of these 26"ers a try....once they are available :rolleyes:
  6. Fareway Lawncare

Fareway Lawncare LawnSite Silver Member
    from Canada

eXmark Tracer HP 36"- .43 horse power per "
    eXmark Metro 21"- .29 hp per "
    eXmark Metro 26"- .23 hp per "

I May buy One and Swap the Engine w/a 9hp Kaw Just for Spite.
  7. mkwl

mkwl LawnSite Bronze Member

I agree, I think 6HP is too underpowered.
  8. christoff

christoff LawnSite Member

where did you huys get the exmark prices from?
  9. crawdad

crawdad LawnSite Bronze Member

At least the yeti has been sighted. I hear they see it every mushroom season in Washington state.
  10. joed

joed LawnSite Bronze Member

I hope you are more lucky than me in getting the Metro 26". I ordered mine on March 17 and was just told by Exmark themselves not to expect it until May 10 or so. I hope you fellows in the U.S. are luckier than me.

As for all of this debate over the 6 hp engine.....only time will tell. Remember, 21" mowers used to have 3.5 hp engines, the old 32" and 36" belt drive units of the late 80s and 90s used to come with 8.5 hp engines before being upgraded to what exists now. My tiny 122 cc Suzuki engine on my toro proline seems to work well both in mulching and bagging. You can only give it a chance a see. Lets stay positive and trust that Exmark's testing and design talents will prove positive in this case.

As for price, here in Canada, you will pay approximately $400 more for the 26" over a commercial 21". If the unit can increase production by 20%, it is not a lot extra to pay.