1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

26" metro

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by skurkp, Jun 7, 2006.

1. skurkp

skurkp LawnSite Member

I am looking at the 26" metro and would like to know if anyone has them and what they think of this mower. I spoke to a dealer in my area and he informed me that they had a recall on them and that last year when they came out he did not sell many of them so he could not say much about them. I was thinking that they would decrease mowing time. I see that they are alot heavier than the Ariens that I use now, but I don't pick any of them up so I don't think that is going to be a big concern.
  2. Liquidfast

Liquidfast LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ontario

I would like to know as well. On a diff note, I viewed your website addy.

Most of us do manage to get a few things accomplished indoors but seem to leave our our-of-doors Dunno? unattended. You gotta change this sentence -------->There is actually not a better chance to make use of this nonproductive time than with a little Winter (why the caps?) dormant pruning. Just lookin out. I do however, really like your site.
  3. mulcahy mowing

mulcahy mowing LawnSite Senior Member
    from ma

They had some bad problems the first year. Not sure how they are now. my dealer has one sitting on the floor and can't sell it.
  4. skurkp

skurkp LawnSite Member

Probably because of the price. $1300 is what my dealer said.
  5. Dashunde

Dashunde LawnSite Senior Member

Yea, I looked at them too. Heavy as he|| and way tooo expensive.
    They're also pretty darn big, in length especially.

In a perfect world it would be less expensive, shorter, lighter, and it would have strong commercial-grade swivel wheels up front.
  6. CutInEdge Lawn Care

CutInEdge Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

Your website still needs work. My motto is keep it simple. The word maitenance needs to be strait across not all swoopy and such. Whats up with the irriagation link(Do you install irrigation or not). Then in the commercial link you say you are an irrigation inspector(Not in exact words) Another question are you a licensed applicator. You state on commercial link that manage weed control(But dont specify if and how you do that. But there is no mention of it on the residential link that I seen..
  7. lawnmaniac883

lawnmaniac883 LawnSite Silver Member

The 26 metro has had HORRIBLE reviews and is essentially a boat anchor, a heavy boat anchor.

Too much weight for another 4 to 5 inches of mowing swath.
  8. hillndale

hillndale LawnSite Member
    from Maine

Here are some improvements on the '06:
    Some of the specific changes are:
    Transmission durability and performance
    Enhanced comfort by reducing resistance during drive engagement and operation
    Gear shift performance
    Front wheel height adjuster durability and performance
    Rear wheel height adjuster durability and performance
    Improved safety and reliability of BBC controls
    Handle bar durability

Thanks Exmark!

9. kc2006

kc2006 LawnSite Silver Member

my dealer has yet to sell one, they're selling 33" billygoats like crazy because they're about the same length and you have 33" cut with 3 blades and it can actually do a good job cutting unlike the 26.
  10. BillWil

BillWil LawnSite Member

Do a search, last year there were a number of us who had them, we were disapointed and were able to return them for credit or dollars to the dealer. My main complaints: The cables broke, sometimes more than once a day, and the weight is such that the engine is too small to power it up an incline, let alone a hill. I didn't like the cut because it wouldn't mulch, lack of power IMO, and it wouldn't bag. My dealer gave me a credit toward parts and anything else I wanted. Some buyers got their money back.