1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

26" mowers

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Lawn Wolf, Mar 14, 2005.

1. Lawn Wolf

Lawn Wolf LawnSite Member
    from 77090

How many different companies make a 26" mower. I don't see many around and if so are they better then using a commercial honda mower that's a 21". Any suggestion would help.
  2. The Dude

The Dude LawnSite Member

Do a search, this has been discussed alot over the last few weeks.
  3. Evergreenpros

Evergreenpros LawnSite Bronze Member

I'd say that using a honda 21" hydro is about the slowest way to mow a lawn possible. I have been using my honda this year but I pulled my MTD (60 lbs) mower with a gator blade out to do my lawn this weekend and I wanted to cry. I was done in a matter of minutes, far far faster than the honda could have ever done it. I've been cussing that stupid honda ever since.

Can they make a smaller bag for that stupid Honda? Cripes, you could air drop that thing into a combat zone and it would survive but try and mow more than 20 ft without filling up/plugging in tall grass and it's impossible.

I tried out the new control system on the 21" exmark (same as 26") and it was a joy. The blade engagement was a bit cheesy but the drive engagement was a breeze.
  4. ZaK18

ZaK18 LawnSite Member

ditto, couldnt have said it better
  5. rockandroller

rockandroller LawnSite Member

Snapper makes a 26 walk behind. I checked one out today for about $1100.
  6. greeneakers04

greeneakers04 LawnSite Member

How was it? I am thinking about checking these out.
  7. Texas Mower Parts

Texas Mower Parts LawnSite Senior Member
    from Texas

Exmark has a new 26" hitting showrooms next week.
  8. TClawn

TClawn LawnSite Silver Member

I want better out door products to make a 24" SD hydro drive w/10hp engine (preferably honda) and be sulky capable for those large back yards.

to me, the exmark looks under powered.
  9. LexingtonKYcutter

LexingtonKYcutter LawnSite Member

Saw the new 26" Exmark today. It looked pretty nice, like a pushmower on steriods.