26 " toro self propelled

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by easycareacres, Sep 10, 2007.

1. easycareacres

easycareacres LawnSite Senior Member

Just ordered a 26'' self propelled Toro mower.
    Has anyone used or had one in USA.
    They are new here downunder and love the size cut for small areas.

2. cgaengineer

cgaengineer LawnSite Fanatic

I heard they would come out with one, hopefully its a better product then the Exmark 26"! Do you have any pictures? I am very interested in this mower as I like the 26" Exmark except for the lack of power. What HP in the Toro 26".

3. cgaengineer

As in pictures, I mean...any links with pics or other information on the new 26". I searched and could find any info on it.

4. Daddy Joes Lawn Service

Daddy Joes Lawn Service LawnSite Member

I searched no info too would like to know!!!

5. easycareacres

easycareacres LawnSite Senior Member

Searched also but no info. It is the same as the 21'' in looks but in 26'' steel wheels.
    Will post a pic but have 2 more days waiting for it to be sent up from another state here.
    The shop has one on floor and thought that would save some time.
    $2.200 Australian.

6. DCE

DCE LawnSite Senior Member

That's interesting. Is it just a re-badged Metro 26?

7. cgaengineer

At $1800 US dollars I am betting its a new machine...looks to me like Toro/Exmark run neck and neck with prices on similar equiped products, this tells me the Toro 26" is different.

8. Vikings

Vikings LawnSite Bronze Member
    from canada

Toro and Exmark are the same company, no?

9. Mowingman

Mowingman LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Texas

Yes, and I bet the Toro 21 is just a rebadged Exmark. Heck, the engineers at Toro/Exmark have not got the Exmark 26 100% fixed yet. Why would they be spending their time designing a different machine for Toro, when they could be working to fix the rest of the problems with the Exmark 26.
    You had better cancel that order until you make certain it is NOT the Exmark 26 with Toro decals.

10. sildoc

sildoc LawnSite Silver Member

I would say it is a exmark 26 with a toro rebadge. I have read so much how the exmark 26 is garbage but I have used the one I have since the first of the year and yet to have a problem. I do admit it cuts like garbage with the regular blade. My dealer has been welding high lifts onto the normal blade which makes a huge differance.