27/60 Lazer noise

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by mr. k, Oct 12, 2004.

1. mr. k

mr. k LawnSite Member

Hi all. I just bought a brand new 27/60 Lazer a couple of weeks ago and just began to notice a strange noise it began making. Being this is my first ZTR or hydro of any sort I am not an expert by any means. I called the dealer and he said to just bring it in, but before I do, I figured I would just ask around here. The noise is reasonably loud, and it occurs as soon as I move both levers forward. as soon as I get to about 1/4 speed it goes away and runs fine. Its not a metal on metal sound and it definitely seems like it has something to do with the hydraulic pumps. It occurs at any throttle setting, with both control arms, and in forward and reverse. Any suggestions/ recommendations would be greatly appreciated before I take it in to the dealer. Hopefully this is any easy fix, and just a stupid question from a guy with his first ZTR. Thanks for your help in advance.

Rich

2. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

Mr. K,

First let me say CONTRATULATIONS!!! Pretty cool machine huh?

Would describe the sound as a "whine" by chance? If so a little "whine" is somewhat normal but if it gets worse or if it begins on a machine that never exhibited this before then by all means you should have it inspected. The "whine" can often be a symptom of air ingestion into the hydro system. The pumps/wheel motors function extremely well on oil. When air mixes into the oil however they tend to make some noise.

When in doubt let your dealer check it out.

Thanks

Terry