27 horse power KOHLER ?

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by JEFF ZALMANOFF, Jun 7, 2002.

1. JEFF ZALMANOFF

JEFF ZALMANOFF LawnSite Member

ARE YOU GOING TO OFFER THE 27 HP KOHLER ENGINE ON LAZERS IF SO WHEN , I WOULD LIKE THE POWER . THANKS JEFF

2. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

Jeff,

The short answer is "it's possible but I don't really know".

Here's how it works around here. Whenever a reputable engine manufacturer comes out with a new engine if it fits with in our current package, and even if it doesn't sometimes, we try to determine if it is something that the market wants. If we determine that yes the market might support such an engine we would begin testing.

The key is will the market support the engine and will the engine support the market. One major factor is will the engine make it through our testing. Will the engine be reliable? Will the engine have the working power required or fall short of what is printed on the engine decal. Is the engine quiet enough, smooth enough, fuel-efficient etc. There are many aspects of engine performance that can prevent it from making it into our line up.

So far this philosophy has worked pretty well. We tested and engine a few years ago that had good power was reliable but it was a little pricey. In addition to that it was extremely loud. We determined that the market would not support and engine that was loud, expensive and didn't offer enough extra power to overlook all of these negatives.

Thanks

Terry

3. MikeLT1Z28

MikeLT1Z28 LawnSite Bronze Member

out of curiosity, what would one DO with 27hp? i've never seen the biggest engines exmark offers bog in the worst of conditions. i'd almost think it'd get to the point that too much hp would become inefficient to operate on a normal basis. i know you have hydro pumps to run and blades to turn, maybe an ultravac to power, but even the 23 kawi seems ample in 99% of the conditions i've seen.

4. eXmark

Horsepower: for some enough is all they want for others........Can you really ever have enough?

Only in America

5. Vibe Ray

Vibe Ray LawnSite Senior Member

Have you guys looked at the 29 HP Liquid Cooled EFI Kaw yet???

6. eXmark

Vibe,

Let me put it this way. If you or I get wind of a new engine chances are our engineering staff has already finished testing the prototypes.

We are fortunate to have a good testing program and I believe the engine suppliers appreciate the feedback we share with them.

Thanks

Terry