1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

27 Kohler Hours

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Frue, Nov 4, 2007.

1. Frue

Frue LawnSite Bronze Member

Alright fellas, I am looking for the 27 hp kohler hours. What are you guys getting out of the kohler 27's. I have 1000 hr on one and 160 on another one is verticle and the other is horizonal. Please list make and if it is verticle or horizonal.
  2. Frue

Frue LawnSite Bronze Member

bump bump bump
  3. OMG

OMG LawnSite Senior Member

I had one blow last week.....it had 1600-1800 hours on it.

(Hour meter was broke, so the above is a very generous guess)
  4. mag360

mag360 LawnSite Silver Member

We also have a vertical with about 1000 hours and a horizontal with 250 or so (brand new in july) and I've noticed that the high hour motor runs much better now than when it was new, and much better than the new horizontal motor. We have a 25hp horizontal kohler with 1500 hours on it that runs perfectly and doesn't use any oil between 100 hour changes. Both 27's use at least 1/2 quart of oil between 50 hour changes. The 1000 hour one uses less than the new one.

I expect at least 2000 hours out of all of them.

On a side note---we bought a john deere ztr (included in a company buy out) with hours in the 300's---now at around 1000 that started and ran perfectly for those 700 or so hours and used no oil between 100 hour changes.