Discussion in 'Tanaka' started by WREBELMACHINE, Jun 30, 2007.

WREBELMACHINE LawnSite Bronze Member

I have purchased three 270 pf trimmers and have some questions.
    One is none of them run alike.
    I have one that is hard to start, another one that runs decent and my newest one is a gutless wonder. I have a 245 that will blow it away and actually will run about even with the other two. Will the 270 work out of these problems or do I need to get them checked out closer?
  2. Tanaka

Tanaka Inactive

The TBC-270 series was very trouble free, but has been out of production now for quite a while. So there were no inherent problems we are familiar with that would lend themselves to the problems you described. Of course, it's impossible for us to diagnose remotely. I would suggest you take them to a Tanaka dealer and gain their insight.

3. 128Steve

128Steve LawnSite Member

Just for reference, I have two 270pf. They have been outstanding. One I have is an edger, what a time saver. Powerful and yet sips gas!:clapping: Easily comparable in power to my RedMax 3000. Which is a great trimmer as well.

Get them checked out so you can see what a good purchase you made!:weightlifter:

Well hopefully these will get better. I talked to the dealer today and he said he would trade me out for another make but I hate to do that to him because he has been so good to me on my other machinery!

The 270 has been out of production for a while! Interesting because the dealer here just took on tanaka about two months ago.
  6. pugs

pugs LawnSite Gold Member

He may have gotten some old stock at a good deal from some other dealer that got out of Tanaka or something. But yes, the 270 is a pretty old model. I would have to look back through the programs to see just when it stopped.

I just sold the last 270 edger we had this year. We bought them on a closeout probably 2 years ago and they were left overs then.

Not that there is anything wrong with it but it is far from a current model. The 250PF is a bit more current as it was just stopped recently and replaced by the 260PF. That 245 that you mention is not current either really.