27hp generac engine idle and governor

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by milo, Sep 15, 2013.

1. Jeff in AL

Jeff in AL LawnSite Senior Member
    from Alabama

So..... Is it fixed now??? Was it the governor gear??? Was it another problem???

2. milo

milo LawnSite Bronze Member

its the internal governor all they told me. should be all fixed and back to me by Saturday. they ordered the parts and when they have them it will get done.

3. Patriot Services

Patriot Services LawnSite Fanatic

Alright Slapper, no Junkerac comments. This is one thread to like 20 of my Kohler is broke, leaking, smoking, hissing, weezing threads.
    Posted via Mobile Device

ericg likes this.
  4. milo

now that this came up, how is the generac engines? I think the briggs vanguard is the sexy looking then generac than kohler than Kawasaki.... as foe running and problems I only used Kawasaki and kohler and prefer kohler... I do read the generac is industrial engine rated so that should make it better than all of them but I know nothing about them and my first one is in the shop lol

5. Patriot Services

Generacs are great engines. I've had many over the years. Some people have reported linkage problems but I haven't had any yet.
    Posted via Mobile Device

ericg likes this.
  6. piston slapper

piston slapper LawnSite Platinum Member

Hmmmm....there ain't no hole in the side of the block ....yet.....
    Id say fix it....
    They do make an excellent anchor for crab traps...though...

7. Patriot Services

Stop messin with the man. His went to 4300 without ventilating.
    Posted via Mobile Device

ericg likes this.
  8. Jeff in AL

Jeff in AL LawnSite Senior Member
    from Alabama

Good to hear,hope all goes well!

You know Slapper is not gonna pass a chance to comment on Generac quality. :laugh:

Ohh no... Not this question again! Realslowww has done extensive and I do mean extensive research on this, AND he said he might even go with a Generac.

I would agree with Patriot... I have had/seen very few problems with ANY of the units we sold that had a Generac engine on them unless it was "operator error" like not checking the oil! Several with over 2000 hours and nothing but normal service!

I think Slapper might just be starting to come around... I think he said to "fix it"? I knew it was just a matter of time. :laugh:

9. piston slapper

piston slapper LawnSite Platinum Member

Coming around....???? Prolly not...
    $300 might be money well spent....
    At least he will have sumbuddy to blame when it scatters.....

10. milo

they look sexy lol.... also sound good. I hope the dealer don't have it fixed for a week so I can make room for a 60 inch Dixie because its a back up machine to a back up machine. lol, I need to stop buying crap I don't need