1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

27hp Liquid cooled Lazer

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by Tomslawncare1, Jun 8, 2001.

1. Tomslawncare1

Tomslawncare1 LawnSite Member

:angry: I picked this mower up in April 2001. I used for a day and started having prolbems with the charging system right away. I thought the dealer didn't bother to charge the battery for me. But after I charged the battery for 3 hours, after needing to jump it between jobs, it still was going dead on me. I called the dealer about it and he told me to drop it off and he'd look at it. After two weeks of dropping off the mower to the dealer (daily) and picking it up when I got out of my full time job, to go mow, they determined that it was the voltage regulator. It took a few days to get the part in from kowi. I was told things like "the mower is too new","Not enough information on this new motor yet", "its not an Exmark problem its a problem with Kowi". This is like telling a person that bought a Dodge diesel from a Dodge dealer, having problems with the motor being told "I'm sorry you'll have to deal with the Cummings dealer for that. I bought the mower from an Exmark dealer and feel Exmark has not stepped up to the plate to make sure its customers are satisfied. I was so ticked off after dropping close to 11,000 to the dealer and to Exmark, I also bought the Ultra Vac, I asked the dealer if he could give me a demo to avoid me having to leave the machine running all day, at 1.87 a gallon and never mind the extra non productive hours being put on the machine, so I wouldn't have to shut it off and jump it between jobs. After all if I'm not out mowing my customers lawns then someone else will. So if I don't have my customers anymore then WHY THE HELL DO I NEED THIS 11,000 PIECE OF EQUIPMENT? He told me that Exmark didn't give him alot of demos and the one he had was a 26hp Kohler not running right. So I had to hump it on my own. Now 3 weeks after the new voltage regulator has been put in I'm having the same problem again. So what can you suggest? Please advise me of any help.
  2. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

Thanks for taking the time to write in.
    We are aware of the situation, and have been working with Kawasaki and your dealer to get it fixed. You're right, ultimately this is an Exmark concern, and we will do everything we can to help. Unfortunately our/my knowledge of the workings of the engine is limited. We rely on the engine manufactures to provide service/support, and we help however we can.
    Electrical issues can be the worst, first it needs to be figured out what side the problem is occurring on, whether the engine harness side, or on the application side. Then you try to diagnose exactly what the problem is. On top of it all, if it is an intermittant problem, you have to get it to fail before you can do anything.
    I spoke with your dealer today, and I believe your bringing the unit in either tomorrow or the next day, and like I stated earlier, we will all be working to get it fixed so you don't have to deal with this again.
    I realize none of this is of much help to you, but I wanted to reply to your post just to let you know that we are thankful for your business, and are doing what we can to get you up and running.
    If you have any questions, don't hesitate to contact us at service@exmark.com

3. Kent Lawns

Kent Lawns LawnSite Senior Member
    from Midwest

That response in indicative of why Exmark is #1.
  4. Dave

Dave LawnSite Senior Member
    from RI

but where is his demo writing something doesn,t mean crap,anybody can write a story to make you feel good