27hp Liquid Cooled

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by dad3*3, Jun 28, 2004.

1. dad3*3

dad3*3 LawnSite Member

Looking at purchasing a used 27HP Liquid Cooled model with a 60" deck. I found one that is 3 years old with 300 hours, used residentially. It is in excellent shape and the owner is asking $6,500. for it. Is this in the ball park and what should I be looking at when purchasing used?

Thanks

2. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

Dad,

Used equipment prices are tough to estimate. There are so many factors to consider. Factors such as maintenance, condition, regional market conditions etc. are difficult for us to evaluate. Your best bet would be to contact your local dealer for an estimate or possibly some of the LS members in your area may have an idea.

One thing is for sure..........300 hours isn't very much for this unit. It's got a great deal of life left in it.

Good luck

Terry

3. dad3*3

dad3*3 LawnSite Member

Well after much discussion, I was able to get the machine for $6,000. It came with the mulching kit and an ATV jack.

Two questions, The owner told me he never picked up leaves, just mulched them. Could this be true? I would love to not have to pick up the leaves, can I sell my Trac Vac or will I still need it?

Also, any instructions on adjusting the suspension seat? Is it just turn and check?

Thanks

4. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

Dad,

It all depends on the property and the trees. Most lawns can take a lot of leaves with out a problem. I've mulched leaves deep enought that the deck was plowing them and they all but disappeared in the lawn. I've also mulched a few lawns that were in pretty bad conditions and mulching the leaves was more difficult because there just wasn't any turf to disguise them. I'd recommend giving the mulching kit a try. My lawn is fairly small and I've got 3 maple trees that are probably 50+feet tall. My old 32" metro would mulch them in just fine. There is some concern however if you have oak or walnut trees. These leaves can add a great deal of acidity to the soil creating an issue. I'm not a lawn expert just a guy that knows a little bit about lawnmowers. One of the LS members may be able to give you more info on the issues with oak/walnut trees.

Thanks

Terry

5. dvmcmrhp52

dvmcmrhp52 LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Pa.

Oak and walnut leaves will not be a problem if you have relatively healthy soil,(good microbe populations)The acidity will be reduced.
    I can't explain it in scientific terms I just know it to be true(I've forgotten the terms)
    Poor soil with little or no microbe activity will become acidic for a period but as well the mulching of leaves will add to feeding the little critters thus increasing their population. Mulch them and do a PH test on your soil if you are concerned,I'd rather add some ammendments to the soil to correct the ph than not mulch the leaves.

Enjoy your new mower,it's a nice machine.