28-33" walk behind

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by grapeford, Mar 6, 2007.

1. grapeford

grapeford LawnSite Member

We run 3 Walkers, and do approx 90 accounts mostly residential. We rarely use a hand mower, but when we have to it's a pain in the neck. Am looking for a walk-behind 28-33" that will get in small gates and do inclines where the walkers are limited. Any ideas ?

2. MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE

MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE LawnSite Bronze Member

simplicity pacer but it's a 34 inch cut.

3. PearceLawn

PearceLawn LawnSite Senior Member

I use a 32" Ferris and it cuts great. It is a single hydro though. 13 hp Kaw.

4. grapeford

Is Ferris still making mowers ? Simplicity ? Anyone have any ideas about new mower purchases in the 28-33" range ? Thanks anyway for the input guys.

5. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

Maybe 32" Wright standar?

6. Jason Rose

Jason Rose LawnSite Fanatic

I saw one of these 28" mowers the other day at a dealer. I didn't get too "hands on" with it, but my general first impression was very good! It looked very solid and well built, and also looked to be pretty user friendly. I was impressed with the looks of it overall. http://www.worldlawnpower.com/

7. Mowingman

Mowingman LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Texas

The old Troybilt 33" is now a Cub Cadet 33" machine. It is not a true commercial machine. However, I know quite a few guys who use them commercially. These guys use them weekly for a limited number of lawns, not all day 5 days/week. They also are the only operators, and take care not to abuse the machines. The cut on these can be very good
    The downside is, that you can not turn these machines over to a bunch of employees who may not be as careful with them as you,the owner, would be.
    It might be worth it for you to have a look at these 33" mower. Again, not heavy duty commercial, but very nice cut, and can stand up to light commercial use with proper care.

8. PearceLawn

PearceLawn LawnSite Senior Member

Yes Ferris still makes mowers and damn good ones at that. I have owned two and they have been top notch equipment.

They also still make the 32". You can make that a "new" mower purchase and it would be a good decision.:)

www.ferrisindustries.com

9. johng

johng LawnSite Member

If you don't mind me asking what was the price on the 28" model?
    John....

10. grapeford

Sorry Pearcelawn, my bad. Thanks Jason, that's exactly what I'm looking for.